Thursday, November 6, 2008

Marriage is for who?!



Some of my fellow TM classmates and I covered the Proposition 8 debate that was held on Cerritos Campus last Thursday.

Students and spectators filled the Teleconference room eager to listen to what each of the sides had prepared to say.

Personally, I agreed with the no side, and that was part of the reason why I voted no on proposition 8 on Tuesday.

The Yes side kept bringing up that the story that one lesbian teacher brought her small students to her personal wedding. It was part of a school field trip.

It got old after the tenth time they said it.

I felt that they had no original material and they lacked preparation when the public asked them questions.

The responses that they gave to the questions being asked didn't even relate to the question being asked anymore.

There were a lot of confused faces in the crowd.

Most of the people that were in the crowd that did agree with the proposition were much older. People (no disrespect) of a much older generation where marriage was very traditional.

But what they don't understand is that society has changed, people have con temporized, and have adapted new ideas and beliefs.

The world has evolved since thirty years ago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm 22 and I know many people in my age range including the teenage years that have held onto an absolute idea of marriage.
You cannot speak on behalf of a younger generation as a whole especially in this instance.